Welcome to the home page of the CASU Astronomical Data Centre (formerly RGO Astronomy Data Centre). The Data Centre is part of the Cambridge Astronomical Survey Unit in the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, and houses a good selection of data from the UK's ground based telescopes as well as a number of catalogues.
Use the menu on the left to navigate ad query the different archives. It follows a description of each of the archives and catalogues available.
Catalogues of observations
- Archives of the Isaac Newton Group of telescopes
- The AAT Data ArchiveNEW!
- Archives of the UK Infra-Red Telescope
- Observations with the Carlesberg Meridian Telescope
- Wide Field Survey on the Isaac Newton Telescope:
The listings of observational details are available on-line via the links above. The actual observed data are not currently on-line, but copies of unreduced observations may be requested via the catalogue interfaces.
Catalogues of astrometric data on individual objects
- The Hipparchos catalogue.
- The Tycho catalogue.
- Automatic Plate Measuring (APM) Facility Catalogues (original interface)
- Automatic Plate Measuring (APM) Facility Catalogues (revised interface)
The ADC operates a mirror of the VizieR service developed by the Centre de Données, Strasbourg. VizieR is a "catalogue of catalogues" or "data-set federation". It allows users to browse lists and descriptions of available catalogues and to submit a query, typically by object name or position, on many catalogues at once.
For advice and further help, please contact Jim Lewis