Files are named as follows:
- Dark frames: their name combines the night of
observation, exposure time and no. of coadds if CDS or read timing if NDR. These are taken in CDS or NDR mode with the readout mode and no. of coadds etc. encoded in the name. Examples: dark_20100917_10_CDS_1.fit dark_20100917_20_NDR_1.0_1.fit
- Flatfield images and confidence maps:
flats are constructed approximately every month and their names are
formed by combining the filter name and date (mmmyyyy) of observation.
The respective confidence map has conf in place of flat in the filename.
Examples: pH_flat_dec2009.fit and H_conf_dec2009.fit - here the "p" denotes converted to a frame median of unity.
- Sky frames: combine the date of observation followed by the run number of the first image which contributes to the sky frame followed by the filter name. Example: sky_20091210_72_H.fit
- Single pawprint images: start with w (for WFCAM) followed by the observing night and the
run number (which starts at 1 every night). Example: w20091210_00023.fit - note that these are all MEFs
- Stacked pawprint images and confidence maps: get the name from the first pawprint image which goes to the stack appending _st to the filename. The confidence map filename appends _conf to the name of the stack. Example: w20091210_00123_st.fit and w20091210_00123_st_conf.fit
- Catalogues from stacked pawprint images: the file extension is changed to .fits instead of .fit and _cat is appended to the name of the stacked imaged they are obtained from. Example: w20091210_00123_st_cat.fits